Agia 2.0 Release Notes
This document contains the release notes for Agia rapid Symbian application development tool for changes that have taken place since Version 1.0.
DescriptionAgia is a rapid application development environment for native (C++) Symbian Series 60 applications. It consists of two parts: Agia tool and code generator that runs on a workstation and Agia application framework that resides as a dynamic link library in the target device (or in emulator filesystem). Agia tool is used to design the graphical user interface of the application, to generate C++ code that upholds the current design and to build the application with command line build tools of the Symbian Series 60 SDK. Agia application framework implements the core functionality of every Agia application in the target device.
More information on
The following are the highlights of the new features in Agia 2.0:
- New programming language
- Agia 2.0 has been entirely re-written by using the Java
programming language in order to achieve greater portability.
- Support for Nokia Series 60
- Agia 2.0 introduces a design environment and decent set of UI
widgets forSymbian Series 60 applications.
- Agia developers may extend the set of standard UI widgets supported by Agia with their own Symbian UI controls by wrapping them by a fairly straight-forward manner and introducing them to Agia tool.
What's Included?The binary distribution of this release includes the following files relevant to Agia 2.0:
- This directory and its subdirectories contains all necessary
application binaries (e.g.,
Standard Widget Toolkit) for Agia's graphical application
design tool running on a workstation. The user executables are:
Batch file executing Agia design tool.
agiatool.batbut outputs (error) messages to console.
Agia uninstaller. Uninstalls Agia from the workstation.
- The directory containing Agia online help documentation in
Microsoft HTML Help format (
- This directory contains samples of user's own Symbian UI
controls wrapped as Agia widgets.
java/This directory contains Java code needed for introducing user's own UI controls to Agia tool's widget toolbar.
symbian/This directory contains Symbian code both for user's own sample UI control and for wrapping it as an Agia framework widget.
- This directory contains sample applications designed by the Agia
samples include both Agia project files and source code.
- This directory contains necessary header files and binaries in
order to build Agia applications and to run them both in
the target device and in the emulator.
This directory contains target device build of the Agia framework.
This directory contains default icons for Agia applications.
This directory contains Agia framework C++ header files.
This directory contains a Symbian multi-bitmap file containing various bitmaps used internally by Agia framework.
This directory contains a
winsbuild of the Agia framework. The library is used within
- This directory contains binaries for UI widgets supported by the
Agia tool. Widgets are contained in plugins and each plugin is a
The core UI widgets used by Agia.
The samples of user's own extension UI widgets.